Smoking and alcohol in sports – Fatal energy
What is the effect of Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages on a bodybuilder? Most people can imagine. Let’s see what actually happens in the body and what to expect from these bad habits.
Effect of Smoking and drinking are terrible. And not just for bodybuilders. These bad habits are harmful to the health or significantly impair a person’s appearance. The consequences of Smoking and drinking terrible and dangerous.
Bodybuilders make their body more beautiful and feel confident about their shape and health. If You have a question, how to achieve Your goals affects Smoking and alcohol, to be sure, these habits will not help You to achieve your goals
The dangers of Smoking
Tobacco contains over 4,000 different chemicals that affect Your body. The most harmful substances are nicotine, carbon monoxide and liquid resin.
The effect of nicotine:
Nicotine is a drug. People can’t even imagine how horrific effect, which has nicotine. Like many drugs,nicotine is absorbed by the blood. After 7-8 seconds, the brain begins to react. It is noticed that sometimes nicotine changes the person and property of his body, if a person smokes for a long time. For example, changing the frequency and depth ofbreathing.
• Increases heartbeat
• Increases production of hormones
• Increases blood pressure
• Changing the clotting of blood
• Changes in metabolism
The action of carbon monoxide:
Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas. Up to 15% of the blood of a smoker contains carbon monoxide instead of oxygen. And oxygen necessary for normal functioning of cells and tissues.
When for a short period of time reduces the amount of incoming oxygen, problems with growth, recovery and assimilation of nutrients such as protein. We all know how important the growth, recovery and absorption of nutrients for bodybuilders.
Carbon monoxide is dangerous and has “electric effect” on the heart. Carbon monoxide can also cause other changes in the blood, especially under the condition that the Smoking dieting (on the walls of the arteries of the heart having body fat).
The drug leads to heart problems, blocked arteries and serious violations of blood circulation. Women who smoke are risking the future health of the fetus, because the fetus will get less oxygen than it needs for health.
The effect of liquid resin:
70% of the liquid resin, which the person inhales when Smoking, inhaled into the lungs. Liquid resin is harmful to the lungs, constrict biocides, produced in the bronchi mucus that damages the little hairs that protect the lungs from infection.
The risks of Smoking:
• Premature aging
• 83% of patients with sick light smoke
• 90% of patients who have problems with bronchitis and emphysema, is smokers
• 17% of people with coronary heart disease have these health problems from Smoking
• Smokers are more at risk to die prematurely than non-smokers
• Smoking doubles the risk of ischemic heart disease
Diseases associated with Smoking:
• Coronary heart disease
• The risk of infertility
• Tobacco amblyopia (impaired vision)
• Atherosclerosis (fat deposits on the vessel walls and loss of elasticity of vessels)
• Cancer (lung, mouth, throat, nose, larynx, esophagus, pancreas, bladder, stomach, kidney, leukemia)
• Recurring respiratory infections
• Lung injury, the violation of their functions
• Chronic bronchitis, emphysema
• Peptic ulcer disease
Female bodybuilders and Smoking:
Lung cancer, breast cancer – these are diseases that primarily occur in women smokers. Both men and women at risk of Contracting coronary heart disease, lung cancer, chronic bronchitis, emphesema and other diseases associated with Smoking.
Bodybuilders-women have an increased risk of disease:
• Miscarriage and other serious problems during pregnancy
• The risk of premature children
• Menopause that starts with 2-4 years earlier
• Heart attacks
• Increased risk of osteoporosis (this is especially scary for bodybuilders)
If You do not smoke, it does not mean that You are safe. Passive Smoking is the process by which a non-smoker breathes in the smoke Smoking a cigarette. It is also dangerous. The smoke irritates the eyes, nose, throat, the risk of respiratory diseases, migraines, dizziness, weakness, cough, shortness of breath, allergies, coronary disease as well as disorders of the lungs.
Useful to quit Smoking:
• Improves breathing
• Improves the ability to overcome physical activity
• Cessation of cough and reducing mucus in the bronchi
• Enhanced sense of smell
• Normalization heartbeat
• Reducing the risk of diseases associated with Smoking
Like Smoking, alcohol is very dangerous and is a really bad habit. When I say alcohol, I mean beer, wine, liquor. Alcohol is a depressant, it affects the nervous system. However, it is also a stimulant. Alcohol all act differently. Than the younger You are when you start to drink alcohol, the more terrible and dangerous consequences of this bad habit.
Blood vessels dilate when the intake of alcohol in the blood. This causes a rush of blood to the skin, while accelerating the flow blood changes the body temperature. The blood rushes to the skin, the body is warmed more than usual. People who drink alcohol in the winter, not so fast freeze.
Alcohol acts on the brain as a depressant. Man loses sensitivity, he has decreased vision, decreased hearing. This happens in almost all cases, the use of alcohol. In order to go straight you need control over the brain. And under the influence of alcohol, the brain works much worse, so a drunk person is a staggering, coordination of movements is disrupted. Breathing and heart rate, which are controlled by the brain become more frequent under the influence of alcohol.
The liver processes alcohol into energy. As a result, carbon dioxide and water. The people who are in a state of intoxication, drink more than their body can process.
Alcohol prevents the body rid itself of chemicals. When a person drinks alcohol, the body secretes more urine than usual. For the bodybuilder it is threatened by dehydration. Under the influence of alcohol a person loses more water than usual, resulting in dehydration occurs. After a person drinks alcohol, he feels very thirsty. In the most severe cases, the body cannot function properly due to dehydration.
Alcohol reduces the amount of blood delivered to the muscles. Including to the heart muscle. Alcohol causes muscle weakness and deterioration. And this isn Bodybuilders want? No, they need a healthy heart, and alcohol causes deterioration of the heart.
The results of alcohol intoxication:
• Sleep disturbances
• Irritability, anger fatigue
• Physical weakness, strong heartbeat
• The slowness and clumsiness
• Inability to think clearly
• Decreased flexibility
Alcohol is digested like other food, but it contains more calories. Nutritionally alcohol is low, and the calorie content is high. Every bodybuilder needs nutrition and nutritional products. And empty calories that don’t give. So why does a bodybuilder to drink alcohol? Be aware that alcohol is not beneficial. Many bodybuilders avoid the use of alcohol.
Some facts about alcohol:
Factors that affect the effects of alcohol:
• The use of alcoholic beverages;
• On an empty stomach lies drunk or not;
• Your weight;
• 0.5 hours is enough to understand the effects of alcohol;
• If you drink too much and quickly alcohol can cause alcohol poisoning, a person falls into a coma and may die;
• The constant use of alcohol can disrupt consciousness, mental ability and cause death;
• The person sobers after a certain time;
• An hour is manifested full effect, which have alcoholic drinks on the body.
Alcohol can cause:
• Respiratory diseases;