Breathing is a very important process, without air we cannot live and 2 minutes. In ancient times found a link between respiratory processes and emotions, physical and mental condition of the person.
– mental disorders;
– inflammation of the lungs;
– defects of the diaphragm;
– mental illness;
acute neurological conditions.
General recommendations for use of breathing exercises:
1. Practise breathing exercises in a well-ventilated room.
2. Do the exercises only after 1.5-2 hours after a light snack and after 5-6 hours after lunch, and if you drank a glass of liquid, proceed to the lesson in 30 minutes.
3. Breathing during the exercises should be through the nose.
4. Start breathing exercises with several restorative exercises for arms, legs, torso.
5. Do the exercises, concentrating on the breathing process.
6. Do the exercises carefully, listen to the reaction of the organism.
7. Do not strain the nostrils and the muscles of the face.
8. Animates breathing exercises 2 times per day, morning and evening.
Exercises breathing exercises:
1. Extended breath: sit comfortably, back straight. Take slow breaths in through the nose and in the middle of the breath start to slow its pace. Item without delay make a relatively quick exhale.
Further increase the ratio between inhalation and exhalation (breath 15 seconds, exhale for 6 seconds, then 20:8)
2. Elongated breath: sitting up take a breath and without pausing a long, slow exhale. The ratio at the beginning of practice should be 2:12, i.e. breath lasts 2 seconds, and exhale 12. The exhale is as follows: 4 seconds normal breath, 8 seconds – long.
3. Abdominal breathing: exhaling, pull the abdominal wall, then slowly inhale through your nose, releasing the diaphragm, the abdominal wall on inspiration protrudes forward and the lower part of the lungs fill with air; exhale again the abdominal wall is pulled inward, expelling air from the lungs through the nose. When abdominal breathing filled only the lower lobe of the lung, so the undulation is produced by the stomach, while the chest remains stationary. The formula for psychoregulation: “My inner eyes on the solar plexus, abdominal breathing, massage all the internal organs, improving blood supply and function of the digestive system, lowers blood pressure, eases the work of the heart muscle”.
4. The average breathing: when you breathe out make a slow breath through the nose, expanding the ribs, on the exhale to compress the ribs, expelling air through the nose. Fill the middle lobe of the lung. Stomach and shoulders stationary. The formula for psychoregulation: “My focus on the chest, improving blood flow and liver function, gall bladder, stomach, spleen and kidneys, facilitates the work of the heart muscle”.
5. Upper breathing: when you breathe out slowly, breathe in through the nose, raising the clavicle and shoulders and filling the air of the upper lobe of the lungs, exhale slowly lower your shoulders and to expel air from the lungs through the nose. The abdomen and chest still. The formula for psychoregulation: “My focus at the apex of the lungs, improves blood circulation and ventilation.”
6. Full breathing: when you breathe out make a slow breath in through your nose, counting to 7, connecting the lower, middle and upper breathing in a wave-like movement: first, to draw the belly, then the ribs, lower shoulders, to release the air through your nose, between inhalation and exhalation can be done short delay. The formula for psychoregulation: “My attention on them, calms the nervous system, normalizes blood pressure, calms the heart rate, stimulates digestion, ventilated all lobes of the lungs, increases the supply of the body and tissues of oxygen. I feel calm and confidence”.
These exercises have a good effect on the nervous system, help get rid of melancholy and depression.